8.23.2004

Monday, August 23

Today was matriculation, so the Co-adjutant Bishop of Oakland came to say Mass this morning in the commons, and all the faculty were wearing their robes with their school colors on it. After Mass the faculty were introduces, the bishop gave some remarks, and the freshman went up and shook the hands of the president of the college and the bishop and signed our name in the book.


Mr. Dragoo taking the Oath of Loyalty. He's a new tutor, graduated in the same class as my teaching assistant for MoDG (Michaela Berquist), and is a really cool guy. I have him for language and we have alot of fun in that class.  Posted by Hello

Later we got our introduction to our slave/study program. Okay, it’s called work/study, and supposedly they do pay us, but we never see the money.
I was assigned to maintenance under John Minkel (Class of ’02), which means I get the glorious and fulfilling job of...............cleaning bathrooms.
It’s kinda the worst job on campus, but someone has to do it. I just hope I can transfer next year.
There are a few bright sides though, I set my own hours, work 10 feet from my dorm room, have access to dangerous chemicals, and get to use a high-power hose. (read: threaten people with hose)
I have to work 13 hours a week, so though my hours may vary I’ll typically work for an hour after morning classes before lunch (1100-1200) and another hour after early afternoon classes. (1430-1530)

~Nick

No comments: