3.18.2005

Pride and Prejudice

Last night we watched the second half of Pride and Prejudice, which made sense, seeing as we watched part I the night before. It was a very good movie actually, muc better than I expected, although there weren't many surprises, since I had read the book (which I reccomend as well) and rememebered things as it went along.
Brittany was there too, she's Mary's and Mose's friend from back home, and is really cool and fun. She and Jen, as the only single girls there, felt obliged to make the rest of us knowledgeable about their undying love for Mr. Darcy. (I have since learned that almost all girls have a crush on him, or at least like him a lot, even if they are taken. Case in point: Mary dreamed last night that Pete was Mr. Darcy.)
After that we went down and canced, and David and I taught Brittany how to dance, even though she didn't want to. She ended up liking it by the end though, so we'll probably dance more tonight. It's quite fun dancing with girls who don't know how to dance, because it's quite a challenge to lead them properly. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to dance with a girl who knows what you're going to do as soon as you do, but it's not very hard, I usually don't even have to think about what I'm doing anymore, which deos make it much easier to hold a conversation or plan some really tricky moves. Anyway, she was flipped to, and decided that was fun as well.
And I didn't drop her. Go me.

No comments: