9.01.2004

Wednesday, September 1

Math was really fun today. We still had two props to do at the end of class, so Mr. Wodzinski asked if anyone could be “lightning props.” I volunteered and demonstrated props 9 and 10 (how to bisect and angle and how to bisect a line) in about 60 seconds. It was quite fun actually, but next time I get to do a prop I’ll have to be sure that I explain everything and make sure everyone understand so that he doesn’t think I do props like that all the time. But he did ask for it. ;)

Language with Dragoo was enjoyable as always. We were discussing sentences and reading from a small blue book on language. Mr. Dragoo’s favorite example sentence was, “The blue book burns.” I wonder if he was remembering his own days as a student.

This afternoon I emailed some pictures to my parents, and I’m still trying to figure out how I can put pictures inm y blog. If anyone knows a good way to do that try to explain the nice little comment function down there V.

And tonight was dance practice! :D
I actually learned quite a lot, Mary Rose taught me how to do aerials including the “Hip,” “Lampost,” and “Knee kick.” They’re quite fun, and the girl enjoys them as well, so everyone’s happy. And I also learned “Mop the Floor” from Mose, and we tried to learn how to do a back roll, but that didn’t work out to well, even after practicing it for 15 minutes. I think the main reason was that our shirts were too slippery so that she slid off instead of rolling over. Oh well.
Alise and John also taught us a flip at the end of the night, which is very cool. Of course, the girl has to trust you to some extent, because if you don’t hold on tight she ends up with her head bopping the floor, but we didn’t even come close to that happening. We just need to work of her landing so she doesn’t end up sitting on the grass. :p

Exhilarated and tired,
~Nick

No comments: