9.02.2004

Thursday, September 2

Math at 0830 this morning. Mose and I demonstrated the “disproof” of Miss Grimm’s weird drawing for prop 8 yesterday which John Brungardt showed us at lunch yesterday. I also read aloud the steps for prop 11. I get the feeling I’m probably talking too much in math class, so I’ll try not to volunteer to do any props, but they’re so fun.
Mr. Neumayr was at a wedding in Denver today, so we didn’t have lab. :D
I did all of my work study in the morning, so after lunch I checked my mailbox along with everyone else for the results of our writing test.

And, to the shocking surprise of everyone...


... I failed!

Yeah, I still don’t quite understand it, and no one believes me when I tell them unless I show them the slip.
So either it was some weird mistake, or I’m just an awful writer. The class doesn’t sound that bad though, it’s taught by Mr. Goyette whom everyone describes as a fun guy, and I should learn something. All the same, it is rather a shock. I’m debating whether to ask if it’s a mistake or just go along with it.

After theology I went down to the ponds, because the grounds crew had put up a sign saying that they needed help mucking out the ponds. I met Meghan Patterson, a sophomore who knew the Ryan’s when they were in California and who had heard about me though Matt. That was fun to meet another person who I had heard about.
I also found out that the reason the sophomores were working hard to muck out the pond by Saturday was because the dance they give us on Saturday is going to be down there. So my altruistic work did have some small recompense.

I got a care package from my Aunt Rita today with a nice large batch of oatmeal raisin cookies. I’ve shared them with my roommate and some of my dorm mates. They’re very tasty. She also included a kite, although I think I’m going to have to wait until I get to the beach to use that.


My roommate Will taking care of my Aunt Rita's care package. ;) Posted by Hello

After discussing my writing exam over dinner with Maria Cross and Deirdre Goodman, both of whom thought I should ask Mr. Goyette about it (Maria knows him and offered to point him out to me) I went down to Pete’s Thursday pond party. I lit a nice big fire, and because some smart people had brought songbooks we spent an hour and a half singing Irish, Cowboy, Folk, and Oldies songs down there.

No comments: