9.03.2004

Friday, September 3, 2004

Language this afternoon was quite fun, we spent 40 minutes discussing (arguing about) a single sentence. Mr. Dragoo said we were much more “feisty” than his other class, which just seems to agree with each other.
Tonight was coffee shop night, and all the people with Irish instrument were there playing music for a couple hours. It’s amazing the talent we have on this campus, they were really good and knew quite a wide selection of songs.
Will, Tommy Duffy, David Yanoshick and I played a game of Risk 2210 in the coffee shop. It ended being Will and I against Tommy and David, and Will completely demolished them. I agreed to second place and he let me survive.
Then Mike Hodgins, Gustav, Kitty, Hanna, Fiona and I went down to St. Augustine’s to get dancing lessons from Clay. We learned how to tango (actually you can’t tango much at TAC, because the majority of tango moves aren’t allowed, which is understandable once you understand that “tango” come from the Latin word “tongo” meaning “to touch.”)
We also learned the box step waltz and a few new swing moves, like the tabletop and the window.
I got back to the coffee shop where they actually had music in time for a dance with Erin (sophomore). I never knew they had late-night dancing at the coffee shop, but I found out it’s kindof a random thing that sometimes happens, sometimes not.

No comments: