7.09.2006

The Tartan Wave: A History Of Scottish Surfing

Just a cool article, with such interesting facts like the one that the Princess Victoria Ka'iulani Cleghorn was half-Scottish, as well as being the niece of Princess Lili'uokalani, and a talented surfer.

And I guess I could count myself as a Scottish surfer too, because I do have some Scottish blood (MacQueen clan), and I have been surfing. :D


Hmm, I actually just googled "MacQueen" to get a link to use, but I'm learning some rather interesting things.
"The McQueens probably originate from Vikings who settled on Skye in Scotland."
Vikings are cool, as is the island we named our puppy after. So is the clan motto, "Constant and faithful," and the clan badge, with a wolf rampant holding an arrow.
Also described elsewhere as "A wolf rampant ermine holding a pheon gules paint downward argent."
Judge for yourself.

I like it.

Or there's this version.

I think the first one looks nicer, but maybe that's just because it's cleaner. Perhaps I'll use a vector program to reproduce it so I can blow up the image.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mom's family has a pretty cool crest- the Kelly's. It's a tower with lions. I should look it up, I've only heard about it. Family history is pretty interesting.