10.20.2005

Don Rags 3.0

Well, I finished my Don Rags a couple hours ago, and they went much better than expected.
Mr. Clark started out by describing me in glowing terms, and extolling my grasp of Ptolemy, which set a very nice beginning tone. I don't think I deserved it, but Math is one of my favorite subjects.
After that Mr. Collins talked about how in seminar I ask good questions, sometimes about things other people take for granted, which he likes alot, and that I should do more of that.
Mr. Wodzinski observed that Mr. Clark's description of my love for Ptolemy sounded alot like his impression of my admiration for Euclid last year, and said he was glad to see that I didn't spend all my time on Math, but studied Philosophy diligently as well. He also said he appreciated the way that I was willing to ponder over the "simpler" and " more obvious" thins in Aristotle, while some of the other bright members of the class liked to skip them, though they were necessary to be understood fully.
Miss Zedlick said that I was doing alright in Latin, and she could tell that I was trying, even though I wasn't doing that great. Meh.
Mr. Decaen was quite humourous. He said it was clear that I had a good background in science, and that I knew the material well and enjoyed it, so that I was almost always on the right track. He did say, however, that sometimes I was a bit...violent when correcting people, like when I once said, "No. No No NO NO NO!" Although eh did admit he exaggerated a bit, and that the people did desrve it. The other tutors found this hilarious.
Dr. McArthur noted that while I did occasionally interrupt people in Theology, he said it was more like, "No. You're wrong. And this is what Agustine really means...", and that sometimes I seemed like a light in the cave to him. Which is one of the best compliments I've received in a long time, especially considering the cource of it. (to read more about Dr. McArthur, go to The Rostra, a blog that a few of my friends and I started. And which I should post more on.)

So Don Rags went quite well in general, much better than last years, and not a single tutor mentioned me sleeping in class (prbably because I haven't been).

No comments: