10.19.2004

I sent this in an email to my mom last week and she thought I should post it:
"The weather is getting very boring, because it's always warm and sunny, with no signs of fall yet. We get excited when we have clouds. Some of the other mid-westerners and I sometimes tell the Californians what real weather is like."

I guess God decided to grant our wish (at least somewhat) because it's been drizzling for the past four days (they don't really have proper downpours, and no thunder, lightning, or wind to speak of) and pretty much all the sidewalks on campus are rivers, the stairs are waterfalls, and mud is everywhere because they just graded the big field lst week and were about to seed it because they just finished the construction of St. Monica's dorm.
The guys in Sts. Peter and Paul (where I live) have it worst, because our normal means of getting to classes and the commons is a gravel path, which currently is all mud, and to get to the sidewalk used by the other dorm we have to wade through puddles several inches deep.

But they still don't have real weather.

No comments: